Nutritional Guidelines for People with Arthritis
Many people have found that simple changes in their lifestyle and dietary habits can ease arthritic pain and help alleviate this painful condition.
Try to integrate the following general recommendations into your dietary routine and note how much better you feel. An even better approach is eliminate the specific imbalance in your system. Eliminate the underlying cause of your arthritis.
- Your diet should be primarily composed of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, whole grains, chicken or turkey, and fish.
- Reduce your consumption of refined foods. Try to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible.
- Reduce or eliminate white sugar, white flour, and products that use them.
- Reduce consumption of dairy products. Warm milk is preferred over cold milk.
- Excess weight can aggravate arthritis. Following the recommendations here should help regulate your weight. Avoid overeating.
- Choose supplements, such as glucosamine sulfate and Chondroitin, that can help alleviate your condition.
- Good oils in your diet such as olive oil, sesame seed oil, and flax oil, can help in the lubrication of your joints.
Exercise, appropriate for your condition, can also be very beneficial. Many people have reported relief of their arthritis symptoms from a regular exercise program using water aerobics and/or yoga.
It is vitally important to restore balance to your system. This can be done through simple dietary and lifestyle changes, depending on the specific type of imbalance found in your system.
Margie Garrison found a simple cure for her arthritis after suffering intense pain for 43 years. Learn how she did it!
Popular Health Sites:
Information to Improve Your Health
Comprehensive Ayurvedic Analysis
Mind / Body Type Analysis
Ayurvedic Nutrition Guide
Ayurveda Almanac Software for Better Health
Health Improvement Articles
Visit our health directory for information on conditions such as depression, stress, anxiety, panic attacks, ulcers, and high blood pressure. Catch it before it catches YOU!