Acne - Frequently Asked Questions
- Acne is an inflammatory disease of the hair follicles and sebaceous glands of the skin. Sebaceous glands produce oil to lubricate the skin. If some of the oil becomes trapped, infective bacteria can flourish, causing inflammation. Comedones (blackheads) occur when the sebaceous oil combines with unreleased wastes or skin pigments, to plug the pore. Milia (whiteheads) occur when scales below the surface of the skin become filled with sebaceous oil. They can spread under the skin and rupture, spreading the inflammation. As the spots heal, they often fade to pink and disappear. However, it can leave scars that manifest as small, depressed pits.
- What does acne look like?
- Acne is characterized by pustules, scarring, red spots and pimples.
- Can anything be done to make it better?
- Wash affected areas twice daily to prevent it from spreading. Washing removes surface oils. Exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light is often helpful. Some topical treatments may help. Restore balance to your system.
- Sebaceous glands produce oil to lubricate the skin. If some of the oil becomes trapped, infective bacteria can flourish, causing inflammation. Acne can be a sign that there is an imbalance in your system. You can check to see if there is an imbalance in your system.
- How do I prevent acne from recurring?
- If you take the Balance Analysis and find that there is an imbalance in your system, you can generally restore balance through simple, natural methods that affect your food choices and activity choices. You can do this by visiting an Ayurvedic physician or by ordering a Personalized Report for Restoring Balance. These methods will help your body's immune system to function correctly and resist bacterial invasions.
Find out if you have any imbalance in your system. The analysis to determine if there is an imbalance is FREE. This analysis takes you through a self-examination, guided by our software, where you look for signs that we ask you to look for. Proper balance is the key to a long and healthy life filled with vitality. Start this FREE check now.
When you are done, please visit these other great websites.
Popular Health Sites:
Information to Improve Your Health
Comprehensive Ayurvedic Analysis
Mind / Body Type Analysis
Ayurvedic Nutrition Guide
Ayurveda Almanac Software for Better Health
Health Improvement Articles
Visit our health directory for information on conditions such as depression, stress, anxiety, panic attacks, ulcers, and high blood pressure. Catch it before it catches YOU!